Adjusting Rear Derailleur

I ignored the requirements to readjust my Tourney RD TZ rear derailleur when I installed the Megarange Freewheel. Although it worked, the lowest gear, the 34T ring slipped when I used it to climb up a hill.

The reason could be the B limit screw which determined the spacing between the Freewheel teeth and derailleur teeth. My B limit screw had problems. I need to bend the screw mounting by using a screw driver and hammer while not removing the derailleur. Also tightened the derailleur screw while adjusting the spacing. This is the reason we can mount the derailleur directly as shown by a Youtuber. I need to twist it to the maximum for it to provide some spacing for the 34T ring from the derailleur wheel. Higher than 34, may not be possible.

I cannot follow the instructions in this derailleur adjustment because I cannot distinguish the out of alignment noises. The chain suddenly shift positions. I just use the change in position and add a half turn of the cable adjuster.

The first step should be to adjust the slack of the cable at the highest gear. It was mentioned later on after adjusting the limits.

https://youtu.be/UkZxPIZ1ngY

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bottom Bracket Standards and Terminology

Bottom Brackets and Bottom Bracket Shells

Installing DNP 11-34T threaded freewheel