Cycling Petagas to KK 19 Oct2021

Gopro, even Hero4 is still better than a mobile phone.

I noticed that after processing with Adobe Premiere Pro in 4K, the output in 1080p is of the same size.

The processing time is also short because I used Fast Analysis that I find good enough.

In order to fit into the manually adjusted Crop effect at 10% to the right, 15% to the bottom, I need to reduce the smoothing % from 100 to even 35 but I do not notice much difference in the removal of shakes.

I made a major error in taking the video. I should have pointed more to the sky instead of downwards.

It is partly due to the way I mounted the Hohem gimbal. It kept on pointing downwards because I cannot tie the gimbal to restrain it more from pointing downwards.

The reason the Gopro can reduce more shake is because of the wide angle. Another method is to take far distances only because at far distances, the vibrations should be less obvious. The effect is that there is less cropping when smoothed using Premiere Pro, or any electronic stabilization.

 In summary:

1. Take wider angles

2. Take far distances.

So no need to buy a GoPro 8 or DJI Osmo Action. A Hero4 should be good enough when mounted on a gimbal.  What is needed is to find a proper mount for the gimbal.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bottom Bracket Standards and Terminology

Bottom Brackets and Bottom Bracket Shells

Installing DNP 11-34T threaded freewheel