Beware of Kinomap Incentives

 I queried Kinomap's support for the voucher promised in their incentif program. I had uploaded a few cycling videos which were initially not available for subscribers because of their too poor quality. However I can still use them for my training, not sure if they can be connected to a smart trainer.

As I improved my videos, but still not satisfactory because of the gaps due to my gimbal becoming disoriented once in a while, Kinomap published it for its App and a few users had tried them. The Likas Track was initially relabelled as for runniing because of the slow speed of the gps path when video recording. I changed it back to cycling.

When no news of the incentive vouchers, I sent and email to support. Below is their reply.

{

Philippe Desprez (Kinomap Support)

Nov 20, 2021, 10:16 GMT+1

Hello,
Thank you for contacting us.

Unfortunately, in order to receive your code for a month's subscription, your contributions must meet certain criteria. Unfortunately it turns out that our moderation team did not judge the quality of your videos as "good" and you are therefore not eligible for this program.
Regards, Kinomap.

}

This is the problem when the terms are not clear. We do not know what quality they want. They can make up additional requirements as we go along. Technology moves along very fast. FullGaz requires Gopro Hero 9 with Garmin GPS. We now have Gopro Hero 10. At least FullGaz is more transparent and it is of the highest quality because of its 4K source.

Kinomap only offers a resolution of 1080p despite us uploading 4K videos. Personally, I prefer higher image quality rather than vibration or width of view. Kinomap prefers low vibration and wider view and not so much for image quality. I have a 4K TV to be used in front of my trainer so I prefer 4K.

FullGaz is the only cycling App that displays at least 4K. However its site choices are limited. Rovy has more resolution options and should have more sites. Kinomap is supposed to have less regard for quality for it has larger choices. When I tried Kinomap videos, those videos that are linked to the trainer appear to have good quality but image quality is up to 1080p. The videos are incredibly steady because I believe a lot of them are recorded from motor cycles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bottom Bracket Standards and Terminology

Bottom Brackets and Bottom Bracket Shells

Installing DNP 11-34T threaded freewheel